Wednesday, 2 July 2008

21st Year

So my birthday nears and I look back on what I have accomplished in my 21st year of life.

Well:

I have learnt not to give up on things so easily,
I have learnt how to love again,
I have learnt that I have a vicious tongue and to be careful with it,
I have learnt how to make people smile,
I have learnt how to make people sad, and I have learnt how painful that can be,
I have gained my best friend,
I have learnt that no matter how many miles separate us we are still right next to each other if we look deep enough.
I have grown to appreciate the smaller things in life, and to pass them by if they don’t seem to make a difference,
I have found a Charlie!
I have adopted a Martin!
I have made friends and lost enemies,
I have let some of my past go, and I hope never to get it back.
I have developed a new bond with Suzanna.
I have learnt that sometimes my colours are dull,
Sometimes they are vibrant, just like me.
I have learnt to be ok, in my own skin.
I have learnt that I miss her more with every passing day,
But I have gained faith, faith that one day we will meet again...

I wish i could list more but i feel this for now is enough-for one year!

1 comment:

Listen Taylor said...

A toast, to Eden, and to these things she lists. And to happiness, and love, and truth in the future!
You are beloved.
Don't you sometimes feel as if we met in a dream? As though we simply, made each other up? Ground from the dust and ashes and hot tears of life? It is nonsense, I know, and that we will meet again, I know that also, but the imagery still stands.