Thursday, 5 June 2008

Suzanna

I cannot believe this has happened, not to Suzanna, not to her.
I always knew in the back of my mind that one day it would get her but i always hoped she would beat it.
How did i let this happen?
I am so ashamed of myself for letting this happen.
How could i have let this happen to her?
She is so beautiful, so courageous and innocent, now she is in pain, her heart is broken.
I have to be strong now but i find it hard to mend her when i am so broken myself.
I long to tell her not to worry, everything will be fine, please dont hurt yourself again but i would be lying, As it wont get better, it NEVER does.
I long to take her away and help her forget all her pain, to teach her how to stay afloat in the world, to smile without drowning, but i cant teach her those things if i do not know how to do them myself.
I cant believe this has happened.
Not to her.
Not to her.
I have to try and be strong now, for Suzanna.

1 comment:

Listen Taylor said...

Children are stronger than those who have grown.
They are survivors, more resilient to damage, more absorbent to the chaos of life that throws those who have lost their wings asunder.
Children are wiser than those who have grown, because they know not what it is like to have forgotten.
Simple pleasures like cold ice cream on a hot day make up the principal of the lives of children, and they forget neither the smell nor the taste nor the feel of the stickyness of melted ice cream on their fingers.
For those who have forgotten, it is a revelation to open the eyes and mind of a child.
To those who have grown, to sport wings again is a keen dream, too sparkling to be lost to fascination.